Thursday, December 4, 2014

2 months- Hallie

I feel like I'm wasting my time when I type out how I feel that time is flying by, because I am realizing pretty quickly that I will think that every time I sit down to write up one of these posts.  But,  it really is crazy how fast the time goes with the second baby.  Tonight I was looking through pictures of Hudson on my phone, because I always have a full memory and need to delete pictures so I can take more, but I love having all the old pictures on my phone...ah!!...anyway, as I was looking through old photos, I realize how many more I have of Hudson by the time he is Hallie's current age, and I swore that would never happen to me.  Well, it has.  And I want to do better.  I feel like I just want to freeze time with her, because I can't seem to get in a spare moment just to memorize how she is right now.  I love her at the stage.

Here is what she's doing:


  • GROWING!  
    • Height: 22 3/4"
    • Weight: 10 lbs 10 oz
    • Head circumference: 15.5"
    • all 50th percentile
  • she smiles!  It is so adorable.  She has the biggest, gummiest smiles and her whole face lights up.  Sometimes she accompanies the smile with a sweet little coo, and if we are lucky, a squeal.  
  • I have found her a few mornings in bed awake cooing to herself, rather that her usual waking up and crying to be fed immediately
  • She is wearing size 1 diapers as of a bout 2 weeks ago.  We were almost out of the newborn diapers we had when I realized it was probably time to move to the bigger ones.  She still has a good blow-out every now and again, despite the bigger size.
  • She is easily fitting into all her 3 month clothing, and though I still try and squeeze her into her white newborn sized undershirt onesies, she really has outgrown them. 
  • Doesn't like tummy time, but probably because she isn't having time to get used to it.  I don't put her on her stomach much, because whenever I try, Hudson comes running to play
  • She LOVES her pacifier and if she wakes up in the day during her nap without it, she cries until it's back in her mouth.  I have a love/hate relationship with the thing. More of a love though.  It is nice that we can give her the pacifier and it usually instantly calms her down.  It's hard to believe that today was the first day I was smart enough to use a "leash" for it instead of trying to hunt it down 100 times a day.
  • really enjoys her baths.  If she is fussy before bath time, I know she will calm right down in the tub, and she does.  She is just now starting to slightly kick in the tub.  she mainly just lays there and moves her head from side to side.
  • Fussy when we put her in her carseat, but usually stops fussing as the car starts moving.
  • is sleeping through the night!!  For a week straight she has slept from around 9-11 at night until 7 am.  It's magical. 
  • Nurses and takes a bottle like a champ.  We had her using Enfamil newborn formula to supplement nursing on occasion, then when that was out switched to Similac.  She was not a fan, so we are back to Enfamil, and she does great with it.  She doesn't have much formula though and has only gone through 1.5 sample cans in 2 months. 
  • Has gained quite a bit of neck strength and can entirely hold her head up on her own. She is finally able to hold her weight in her legs if we slightly support her standing on our legs.  
  • sleeps soundly in the swing during the day if she falls asleep and then we put her there.  Unlike Hudson, she doesn't like being rocked to sleep in the swing.  She actually kind of hates it.  I think this is mainly because I've worked on her having better sleep habits than Hudson did at this age, so I'm ok with it. 
  • Hallie was blessed on November 2 by Colby in our home ward, the Moorpark ward
We love Hallie so much and love the joy she brings into our family.  Hudson thinks she's the coolest but still can't wait for her to be able to play with him.  You can tell he is somewhat patient with her lack of playing skills, but still yearn for her to hurry up and run around with him. :)  I love having a daughter more than I could have imagined and find it hard to believe that I ever thought our second may have been a boy.  I can't even fathom.  





No comments: