Monday, April 27, 2015

7 months

Hallie is fully into solids and LOVING it.  She makes the cutest noises while she eats and just kicks her feet in joy.  I was on the phone with Mom while I was feeding her a few weeks ago and mom comments on how happy Hallie sounded.  I told her it was because I was feed her solids. :) 2 weeks into solids she has been eating 3 meals a day, in between nursing 4 times a day (plus a dream feed).

6 months and a week and we finally are swaddle free!  I talked to one of my friends about what she did and took her advice.  She said to just go cold turkey and put her in the crib without it.  It broke my heart.  She definitely had to cry it out a bit and eventually went to sleep.  I went in a few times and gave her her pacifier and soothed her, and then would leave the room.  We had some rough naps that day, but by that evening, she only cried a few minutes, and the next night there was no crying.  Miraculously she immediately started sleeping through the night better and taking more consistently long naps without waking every 40 minutes. Who would have thought that the swaddle, the thing I sore was getting her to sleep better, was actually preventing her from sleeping as well as she could! If only I did this weeks ago!

She blows air through her lips to mimic us, much like if we were giving a raspberry, but other than that isn't making mouth sounds.

Loves when I wear necklaces and loves pulling on my hair. Thus I don't wear many necklaces and earrings are definitely only little studs.

Wearing size 2 diapers

She is scooting all over the place and it is so fun to see her become moblie! She loves getting over to Hudson's toys more than her own.  I will semi barricade her onto the front rug with her toys so Hudson can have his toys to himself, and she will find a way right over to them.  It is hilarious to watch as she turns Hudson's world upside down.  The first time she scooted to his trains, he announced kindly, "Hallie, we don't do that.  No, we don't do that." When she didn't react, he pushed her away.  Ha!  This will be an adjustment.

She's really ticklish and loves when we rubs our forehead into her tummy or tickle her tummy with our hand.

Her personality is so much more prevalent and I can see how it will just continue to grow. She still is the biggest people person and loves seeing any of her family members.  She will be jumping in the jumper quietly by herself, and once she notices us looking at her she will start jumping really high, smiling and squealing.

She's skipping evening nap occasionally, but its still primarily there (2 long naps about 1.5-2 hrs each with potential evening catnap)

She is growing out of 3-6 month clothes in a few items and fitting into some 9 month, but the majority of her clothes are still 3-6 months

Her hair appears to be growing and she doesn't have a tryue bald spot.  I think this is because that even though she sleeps on her back, she always cocks her head to the side and up/backward (if she were standing it would be like her looking back and upward over her left shoulder.  It's pretty funny how consistent this sleep position is.

Diaper changes are a struggle because she just wants to be on the move.  She constantly is trying to turn over and grab the ties on her dresser basket.  Needless to say, if I entered into an alligator wrestling contest, I would probably die, but I'd give the gator a run for it's money. ;)

She still hates having clothes put over head and cries hysterically whenever it happens.

I haven't been as good at giving hallie support for sitting, and now that she's scooting, I'm not sure she will ever sit! If there isn't a ton going on, she will sit for a bit, but she'd rather just flop over and scoot than sit and build her core muscles.

Still no teeth and no real signs of them making an appearance soon.

She is constantly back and forth on wether or not nursing is a battle.  Right now she is back to doing ok, but she struggles to nurse if anyone or anything is distracting her and she won't use a cover.  Our current routine involves sitting quietly on my bed to nurse her and forbidding anyone else to be in the room--including Colby if he's getting ready for work.  Whoops.  Sorry, Colby.


No comments: