Monday, April 21, 2008

Au Revoir (In a week)

So, I started blogging again, then slacked again. typical. Oops. I think I will blame this one on the semester coming to an end, which I am ecstatic about. Don't get me wrong...it has been a grand semester, I am just ready for a break, and my trip to EUROPE! I am leaving a week from tomorrow from LAX to Athens, Greece. I am going on a study abroad with BYU art history. I know, I am a business major...yada yada yada. But, I love traveling and I love art history. (sidenote: I actually just finished a huge final project for my sales management class and my "creative business final" tied my class learnings in with art history. love it!) I get to travel all over Europe with my director and 24 BYU girls. Since taking AP art history in high school from R. Herold I have LOVED it! Also, I went to Northern Italy early in high school and saw a lot of art, but because I hadn't taken art history, I knew nothing about it so basically couldn't have cared less about the amazing works of botticelli, michaelangelo, and da Vincis that I saw. Well, I remember enough to know that I need to go back so I can appreciate what I missed out on. Like I said, we start out in Athens, then go to Italy (Rome, Sorrento, Capri, Pompeii, Florence, Venice, and Milan), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid), France (Paris) and England (London). We will be with the group from the morning til 2 ish, then we are set free to explore! I would love any suggestions of things to do from any of you who have been to these places.

1 comment:

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Have SOOOOO much fun! And know that I am a million times jealous! :)