Saturday, August 18, 2012

Final nights of freedom

As excited as we are for our little boy to join us in the next few days, we sure will miss our relatively easy date nights. Colby suggested that we take advantage of our "last Saturday" and go out. With packing, moving, and unpacking, it's been awhile since we've had a date, so his idea was perfect. Colby had found that there is a cafe rio about 10 minutes from us, so we jumped in the car and headed down the 405. My mouth was seriously salivating. We ordered our favorites: cafe rio pork salad for me, pork burrito enchilada style for him. They were just as we remembered from back in our Utah days.

From there we ventured into trader joes to check out the goods and escaped empty handed. We finished up the evening driving along the coast back watching the sunset, eventually ending back at our place. Final touches of the date included finalizing my hospital bag through a load of laundry. All in all, it was a perfect, low-key date I think we will both treasure.

Now, little man, we really are ready for you to join us. It's better out here, promise. :)


4 comments:

Aaron and Kalle said...

Katie you look GREAT! I hope your little one comes to you soon.

Brittany H said...

Looks fun! You look really good! I hope he comes soon too!

Julie said...

You are so beautiful--it takes me back 20+ years as I see your Mom in you, and remember so well when YOU were the baby girls she was expecting! Best of luck with all these amazing changes.

Jessi said...

So excited to see the little guy!

So weird coincidence—I was in utah last week and one of my goals where I was there was to have a cafe rio pork salad. Twinners! Someday Katie, we will eat one of those together again!