Hudson hit his 4 month mark over Christmas break. I took him to the doctor for his 4 month check up and shots, which coupled with a cold made for a slightly unhappy baby. But in Hudson's true form, he was a trooper.
With his 4 month appointment, we can start solids! The doctor said we don't have to do so until 6 months really, but can start introducing it now to see how he does. We tried rice ceral for a few days and he LOVES it. I think I made it too think though and clogged him up a bit, so we have since taken a slight hiatus. With 4 months, I also made the decision to start sleep training. With being at my parents house and with his cold, we decided to hold off until back in LA.
At Hudson's 4 month mark, here are some notable things:
- Growth Measures:
- Weight 15 lbs 7 oz (50th percentile)
- Height 25 3/4 inches (75th percentile)
- Head circumference 42.2 cm (between 50-75th percentile)
- Noticing his hands and feet more--still constantly has his hands in his mouth sucking and chewing on them.
- Much more interactive. He no longer constantly looks around "mindlessly." We can almost see his little brain working trying to figure out different things he is looking at. When I was holding Hudson and Colby poked his hear out of the shower, Hudson turned to look. When Colby"disappeared" Hudson looked around for a few moments clearly trying to figure out where his Dad had gone--he was just there!! It is so cute to see him try and figure these things out.
- With his cold, he has taken a step back on sleeping and is back to waking once each night. I am still feeding him when he wakes, which will eventually change.
- Loves the bath and loves the jumper
- Enjoys tummy time and has mastered rolling from his tummy to back. If he decides he doesn't want to be on his tummy, there is no keeping him there.
- We got him one of the jungle gym toys where toys hang down from arching bars, and he love laying there. There is one star that is this crinkly fabric, and he always finds that one, pulls it down and chews on it. He is seemingly oblivious to the other hanging toys.
- He is gaining a few nicknames: Bud, Huds, Buddy
Of course, we love Hudson more and more and love having him in our home. He is such a joy and is becoming more and more of a joy each day.