Friday, July 18, 2008

Summer Grilling

After Mitch grilled hot dogs tonight, I had a sudden craving for grilled pineapple like they have at Tucanos. Lucky for me, mom was at the grocery store so I called and she brought home a pineapple. These are so simple and delicious.


GRILLED PINEAPPLE, Tucanos style

1 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
fresh pineapple

cut and soak the pineapple. put it on the grill. enjoy!


while I was out there, I saw our fresh peaches and tried to grill those too. I think they turned out pretty good. I cut them in half, sprinkled a cinnamon/sugar mix over them and then poured a little of the brown sugar glaze from the pineapple on top. I put them face down on the grill then flipped them. They were warm and carmelized. They kinda reminded me of a peach cobbler. YUM!

No comments: