Monday, September 10, 2012

Big Day

Hudson slept from 11:15 to 6:11 last night. Once again, 7 hours. We love this! Maybe our little guy knew it is a big day for his dad today so wanted to let him sleep. After over a year of preparing, Colby starts grad school today! It's crazy to think back to the days of studying to take the GMAT, having letters of recommendation written, pondering schools to apply to, filling out applications and writing essays upon essays, we are here. His orientation at UCLA starts today and goes nearly 2 weeks before he starts real classes.

Debra is in town, having arrived Saturday, and it will be good to have her here the next few days to ease me into Colby being gone. It will surely be an adjustment for it to eventually just be me and Hudson at home. This is the first time sine I went to kindergarten that I wasn't heading to school or working during fall. I am so happy to be able to stay home with Hudson but it will be a big change. I could not have had a better experience working in corporate America, and it's tough to give that up and retire, but I know that's the best thing for my little family right now.

I'm grateful for being blessed with such and amazing man as my eternal partner and husband. I wouldn't want to be starting this crazy adventure with anyone else. Unfortunately, because I love him so much, I know I'm going to painfully miss him today. Wish me luck!

No comments: