The time has slipped away so fast, and I don't think I like it. Can't we just stop time for a little bit?
Hudson reached his month old mark on Friday and we can't believe it. He is such a little angel and blessing in our lives. While the time has certainly flown by, it also seems as if Hudson has been with us so much longer. Funny how time can play little tricks on us like that. We can't hardly imagine life without him.
Our love for Hudson grows each day and I constantly find myself whispering to him how much I love him and hugging him much more than he likes. I love how little he is right now and how precious he is when he sleeps. He has started eating more, which leads to nice filled out cheeks. Its fun to see the changes, but it reminds me how he is changing each and every day, and one of these days I will wake up and have a kindergartener, high schooler, or college graduate rather than a sweet little one month old baby boy.
This first month has introduced us all to many new experiences and ways of life, including:
- eating food way faster than is healthy out of fear that hudson will wake up any second
- bouncing back and forth while standing, even when not holding Hudson
- feeling like getting to bed by midnight is early
- discussing new topics over the dinner table, such as spit up, bowel movements and other lovely things that come with babies
- showering at 6 pm for the first time in a day because it literally was to soonest I had a chance to
- changing outfits multiple times in a day because Hudson thought he should add some unwanted "accessories" to our clothes.
- being entertained starring at this little human being for long stretches of time, thinking about how perfect he is
- sitting on the couch and watching video clips of hudson playing because he is sleeping soundly and we miss him
- understanding what love at first sight really feels like
We love our sweet Hudson. He is seriously perfect. He has the cutest little face, feet and hands, and even the cutest little cry (well, not so much at 3 in the morning...). We love his little curious facial expressions and watching him calm down instantly at the sound of running water. We love how he is a determined little one and will fight us so hard when he just wants to be awake and we want him to sleep. We love his long, dark hair and how curly it gets when it is wet. We love his little noises, especially during those last 20 minutes of him sleeping. We love everything about him and wouldn't trade him for the world.