Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Firenze

I have been in florence for 3 days now and, surprise, I love it! sadly it has been raining the majority of the time and I had a sick day, but I haven't let that slow me down too much. I guess the biggest news that I can report on is that I slipped and made my first semi big pirchase. We were at the leather market today and I found the cutest cream colored shoes! i tried them on just for the heck of it, of course with no intention of purchasing them, but they were so cute!! I got them. But I have done so good with purchases at the other places, so it was easy to justify, and even moreso because I may use them as wedding shoes. I guess the real problem is transporting them around. my suitcase cant go over 20 kg, but it is already 21.5. i think my carryon will be super heavy. so worth it though! things us girls do.

I have already been to florence once before, so mot much of it is new. I lvoed going back to see the David. I dont understandhow such a beautful thing can come from a chunk of rock. Seeing the bones and vein of his hands blew me away, even though I had already seen it before. I thnk one of my favorite museum places ever is the hallway with michaelangelos slaves leading up to the david. I love sseeing his method and learning about his belief that soul are captured in the stone adn it is his duty as a sculptor to set them free. Then at the end of the hallway is the beautiful 18 foot tall David. Amazement! We also saw the Duomo and of course went to Vivoli's, the famous gelato place. I still like Giolittis better, but enjoyed Vivolis. Yes Dad, I ate one for you! Hopefully we will return tonight after the Uffizi!

Ciao! Remember to comment if you are reading this. I wanna know who is following! :)

6 comments:

Liz said...

katie, i'm reading and love living vicariously through you! enjoy the rest of your trip.

Anonymous said...

Katie - I love reading your blog. I'm learning a ton from your descriptions. Keep having fun and keep telling us all about it!
~Brittany(Colby's sister-in-law)

Aaron and Kalle said...

Katie, I check you blog almost every day. It makes me think of my study abroud, sadly 7 years have past. Each place you go I remember the fun in each area that I had. Keep updating. Have fun,and see you when you come home.

Anonymous said...

SON! DO WORK....

Bonjour.... oh, and add a french flag tie or something similar to the list :)

Rachael said...

I am reading Katie. I wish I had done something like this!

Anonymous said...

Glad that you finally filled me in on blogging! Didn't know I was suppose to comment! I remember that you loved the hallway leading the David when we were there last time, too. Such memories! We love you and miss you but are so glad that you are doing this. Wedding plans can wait! But not for too long! Hello to all of you following her blog. Brittany, I look forward to meeting you someday! Bye! Mom